Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Joomla Templates and Joomla Extensions by JoomlaVision.Com

Sherea Vitelli

Experienced attorney in the areas of family law, criminal defense, civil litigation, estate administration, and D.W.I.

Modification FAQ

Modification FAQ

  1. What exactly can you modify?

    You can modify child support, possession and access, or even Holidays.

  2. Is there a waiting period for modifying my divorce decree?

    Texas statute states that a modification can be filed after a three year waiting period unless a material and substantial change has occurred.

  3. I want to change my last name, is that considered a modification?

    No.  Even though it may not have been requested at the time of divorce, you would actually just file a petition for name change.

  4. How much will a modification of child support cost me?

    Depending on your issues, most modifications will cost around $5000.00.  The Vitelli Law Firm will work with all clients regarding financial matters.

DISCLAIMER: This website is designed to provide educational information only and is not intended to be a substitute for legal advice.  Every case is unique and every outcome will vary depending on the facts and legal issues of the case.  You should not make any decisions about any legal matters without consulting an attorney first.  The use of this information on this website does not form an attorney/client relationship with the Vitelli Law Firm or its attorneys.  You are invited to contact The Vitelli Law Firm via telephone, fax, or email; however, please be cautious when transmitting confidential information over the internet.



Brown Blue Orange